[CT Birds] singing wood-pewee

Florence McBride fmcb_warbler at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 30 21:55:14 EDT 2015

Hamden, Johnson's Pond/upper Lake Whitney:  Sunday, 8/30 --  An Eastern Wood-Pewee was singing in the Johnson's Pond woods this morning (not very early, I think at about 10 am).  One was also singing on Friday (8/28) in the adjacent Lake Whitney woods.  Although this was the first time I remember hearing this species sing here at this time of year, I note that Bent says of this pewee that "The song continues well into hot, parched August, when most birds are silent."

Florence McBride
Hamden