[CT Birds] Colebrook birds today

Carrier Graphics carriergraphics at sbcglobal.net
Sun Aug 30 16:55:30 EDT 2015

Went to Colebrook res this morning. Never again on a SUNDAY! people everywhere! So here is what I saw...1 Lesser Yellowlegs1 Greater Yellowlegs - both together.1 White-t-Sparrow just 100 yds north into the Mass border. 1 Monarch Butterfly - first of year for metheir were NO PEEPS here today. to many boats.In pond near Colebrook were 4 Wood Duck.On Farmington River Riverton was a Great Egret.
Note - please fill up your bird baths. Birds need to cool off and get a cool drink as well in hot weather. My bath is being constantly used today, and I believe will also be the rest of the coming hot week ahead.
Paul Carrier - Harwinton