[CT Birds] Probable Common Ringed-Plover Stratford Point

Frank Mantlik mantlik at sbcglobal.net
Fri Sep 4 05:27:56 EDT 2015

Regarding that juvenile plover with a prominent supercilium on the beach 9/3 that commanded our interest, my photos clearly show it to be a Semipalmated Plover.
However, a few minutes earlier there was a mixed flock of Semi Sands and Semi Plovers in flight. But there was one Semi-type Plover that was clearly larger. One photo of flock. Could it have been a Common Ringed??

Frank Mantlik
Stratford

Sent from my iPhone