[CT Birds] Buff-breasted Sandpiper, Rocky Hill Meadows

Russ Smiley rsbirder at gmail.com
Fri Sep 4 07:29:49 EDT 2015

Greg Hanisek pointed to the buff-breasted sandpiper this Friday morning
when I arrived around 7 am. It is in the eastern quarter of the large
plowed field first encountered on left as you enter from Goff Brook Rd. As
we watched a merlin scattered the starlings. A second pass as I write this
sent many of the killdeer aloft. However the buff-breasted stayed in a
furough. The sandpiper took of on the fourth pass. Not sure where it
settled.
Russ Smiley
Marlborough, CT