[CT Birds] New London Ferry - Parasitic Jaeger

John Oshlick john.oshlic at gmail.com
Sun Sep 6 07:34:01 EDT 2015

Yesterday a group of us took the Noon Ferry to Orient Point. On the return
leg we saw a subadult Parasitic Jaeger. The bird was harassing Laughing
gulls not far from the harbor mouth/Avery Point area. I doubt that it could
have been identified from shore but it was still quite close to shore.

Sorry for the delay in posting but some photos were obtained and we were
waiting for further study. I think that we are all quite sure it was a
Parasitic and I don't want this report to get delayed any further in case
anyone wants to take the ferry today.

John Oshlick
Bethany