[CT Birds] Livingston Ripley Waterfowl Conservancey

Mark Szantyr birdinggeek at gmail.com
Sun Sep 6 17:13:54 EDT 2015

This is very sad and a wonderful opportunity lost. I am happy i was able to take advantage of the kind generosity of former Avian Curator Ian Gereg. At that time there was a wonderful symbiosis between the avian researchers at Ripley and the Connecticut birding community. There was a healthy exchange of information and ideas and photos. The Trust accepted modest donations for using the grounds and birders and photographers were trusted to wander about carefully and quietly without supervision and without signing anything. I guess this is just another case where the voice of the birding community is weak, mute, or just doesn't matter. The Parks Division of DEEP isn't in charge of the Ripley Trust, are they?

Mark Szantyr