[CT Birds] Probable Common Ringed-Plover Stratford Point

Comins, Patrick PCOMINS at audubon.org
Thu Sep 3 15:28:14 EDT 2015

I was just out with Steven Spector and Tom Murray.   A group of Semipalmated Plovers put up and started calling.  One of which sounded strange and was flying slightly sperated from the rest of the flock.  It also appeared to be about 10% larger than the rest.  What we first noticed though was a strange call.  I just went back into the office and by my ear it is a good match for Common Ringed Plover!  I will wait for Steve and Tom to weigh in on their recollection, but it sure sounded good to me.

Patrick

Patrick M. Comins
Director of Bird Conservation

Audubon Connecticut