[CT Birds] Where have the robins gone?

Fritzandsheila fritzandsheila at gmail.com
Fri Sep 4 12:31:07 EDT 2015

While back in the spring a few where around here in East Haddam, in the yard
as usual and along the roadsides, I have not seen or heard a single one
locally for over a month.  Have seen no fledglings or adults as usual this
time of year.  Nor have I seen them lately in travels around the state.  Did
they migrate out of here early because of the drought?  But there were also
very few seen during the last Salmon River Christmas count in certain areas
where we usually have flocks of hundreds.  Their absence makes things seem
oddly different and suggests something is going on.

Harold Moritz