[CT Birds] Nighthawks tonight

teustis at killingworthlibrary.org teustis at killingworthlibrary.org
Fri Sep 4 13:20:49 EDT 2015

"Our" nighthawks (in Chester) actually fly west to east - I don't know
if nighthawks roost like swallows, but they seem to follow the crowds to
the CT River in the evening. In any case, birds use rivers like
highways, so it makes sense that migrators would head in the direction
of any river, to then move south. So if you're in Mystic, most likely
they'll fly east to west (headed to the Thames), the opposite of how
they fly here.
So I'll be interested to know what direction they fly in Colchester,
since you're a bit midway between the Thames and CT Rivers.
:-)  Tammy Eustis, Chester