[CT Birds] Stratford Point update

Comins, Patrick PCOMINS at audubon.org
Fri Sep 4 14:25:37 EDT 2015

Pretty slow for shorebirds here today and the wind is keeping most things down, but the prime tide for shorebirds today should be from now until dusk and sure enough the shorebirds are just starting to arrive.  I'll probably be leaving and closing the gate at 5 or so, but folks can email me to arrange access if they'd like. (just be clear in your subject line please).

Highlights of the day so far include a flyby Common Loon, a couple of American Kestrels and a Northern Harrier.  Keith Mueller had a Black Tern in the flock of terns and I'm actually seeing a steady stream of terns flying by my window as I type.   Today would actually be a good day to keep a better eye on the sound than I have been.

Patrick

Patrick M. Comins
Director of Bird Conservation

Audubon Connecticut