[CT Birds] Friday at LPP

Dana Campbell dana.l.campbell at gmail.com
Fri Sep 4 19:24:58 EDT 2015

>From Dana Campbell, Bill Banks, and Howie Sternberg:
9/4/15 - New Haven, Lighthouse Point Park Hawkwatch - 1 Dickcissel, 1
Common Nighthawk, 25 Laughing Gulls, 1,000+ Tree Swallows, 395 Red-winged
Blackbirds, 58 Chimney Swifts, 88 Cedar Waxwings, 98 Bobolinks, 2
Ruby-throated Hummingbirds, and other small migrants.  22 Migrating Raptors
counted including 12 Osprey, 3 Bald Eagles (1 Adult and 2 Juveniles), 1
Northern Harrier, 1 American Kestrel, 1 Peregrine Falcon, 2 Sharp-shinned
Hawks, and two Accipiters otherwise unidentified.  Many more local raptors
were observed.

--
The Rev. Dana L. Campbell
Priest in Charge, Holy Trinity Episcopal Church, Middletown CT
dana.l.campbell at gmail.com

"I don't feed the birds because they need me; I feed the birds because I
need them.”
― Kathi Hutton