[CT Birds] Friday at LPP

Dana Campbell dana.l.campbell at gmail.com
Fri Sep 4 19:24:58 EDT 2015

>From Dana Campbell, Bill Banks, and Howie Sternberg:
9/4/15 - New Haven, Lighthouse Point Park Hawkwatch - 1 Dickcissel, 1
Common Nighthawk, 25 Laughing Gulls, 1,000+ Tree Swallows, 395 Red-winged
Blackbirds, 58 Chimney Swifts, 88 Cedar Waxwings, 98 Bobolinks, 2
Ruby-throated Hummingbirds, and other small migrants.  22 Migrating Raptors
counted including 12 Osprey, 3 Bald Eagles (1 Adult and 2 Juveniles), 1
Northern Harrier, 1 American Kestrel, 1 Peregrine Falcon, 2 Sharp-shinned
Hawks, and two Accipiters otherwise unidentified.  Many more local raptors
were observed.

The Rev. Dana L. Campbell
Priest in Charge, Holy Trinity Episcopal Church, Middletown CT
dana.l.campbell at gmail.com

"I don't feed the birds because they need me; I feed the birds because I
need them.”
― Kathi Hutton