[CT Birds] Where have the robins gone?

greg hanisek ctgregh at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 5 10:58:16 EDT 2015

One thing worth noting is an abundance of wild fruit this summer. Sour Cherry trees are loaded and attracting lots of birds. Robins of course are involved, but I've been noting Rose-breasted Grosbeaks regularly (their call notes give them away) along with some Baltimore Orioles and a few Scarlet Tanagers. Gray Catbirds are gorging, and I've even seen a White-breasted Nuthatch eating the little cherries. There are also loads of apples on untended roadside trees, something that may attract some interesting visitors later in the year.
Greg HanisekWaterbury