[CT Birds] Juvie Black-billed Cuckoo

Dana Campbell dana.l.campbell at gmail.com
Sat Sep 5 16:07:53 EDT 2015

>From Dana Campbell:
9/5/15 - East Hartford - back yard - Black-billed Cuckoo foraging in a
large maple tree, making very interesting calls which caughtt my
attention.  The bird was about 20 feet over my head, seen from below.
Cuckoo bill, long tail, but no distinctive white tail pattern so I assume
it was a juvenile.  Yard bird!  It's nice to be home on a Saturday
afternoon.

--
The Rev. Dana L. Campbell
Priest in Charge, Holy Trinity Episcopal Church, Middletown CT
dana.l.campbell at gmail.com

"I don't feed the birds because they need me; I feed the birds because I
need them.”
― Kathi Hutton