[CT Birds] Curious Goldfinches

Dana Campbell dana.l.campbell at gmail.com
Sat Sep 5 16:13:24 EDT 2015

I had a couple of male American Goldfinches land on my hummingbird feeder
today.  They walked all over it, tried to stick their bills in the holes,
looked over the edge at the underside.  They were very thorough in their
examination.  One finally flew off, but the other paused to take a drink
out of the ant moat before leaving.  Quite amusing.

--
The Rev. Dana L. Campbell
Priest in Charge, Holy Trinity Episcopal Church, Middletown CT
dana.l.campbell at gmail.com

"I don't feed the birds because they need me; I feed the birds because I
need them.”
― Kathi Hutton