[CT Birds] Robins

Robley Evans rjeva at conncoll.edu
Sat Sep 5 16:56:57 EDT 2015

Robin numbers: This is the second year I have had what seem record numbers
of robins in my yard (North Stonington).  None are here now, but it has
been a crowd until recently.  Competition for breeding territories must be
intensive in the spring.  On another bird, what has happened to
mockingbirds?  After many years of local nesting, none have appeared here
recently, not even passing through.  And a note for bluebird lovers: a
second summer in which bluebirds were driven away by house sparrows whose
 season for breeding seems over by August, and a pair of bluebirds returned
to raise a five-fledgling brood.  Sometimes one has to be patient.  Robley
Evans