[CT Birds] Out of area, but quite possibly of interest to some

Kathy and Jeff Dunning mihmdunning at gmail.com
Sat Sep 5 19:11:45 EDT 2015

Hi all -

A group of us just birded SEAZ and we went through this process without any
issues. A couple of us have Military CAC (Common Access Cards), so did not
need a pass; but three got their Ft. Huachuca 30-day passes.

If you know you'll be visiting Ft. Huachuca and can go the evening prior to
visiting, this can potentially save you some significant time - some
mornings the line to get 30-day passes is lengthy.  We went around 8 pm.
Those of us with CACs watched the Lesser Nighthawk show in the lights
around the parking lot while the others took about 10 minutes to complete
the process.

The base is absolutely worth a visit if you're in the area (for the Sinaloa
Wren, plus other great birds).

The new "main" gate (on Hatfield St.) is about 1.5 miles north of the old
West Fry Blvd gate.

Good birding,
Kathy Mihm Dunning