[CT Birds] Livingston Ripley Waterfowl Conservancey

Kevin Doyle kevindoyle01 at charter.net
Sun Sep 6 16:17:03 EDT 2015

Well I ventured the nearly one hour trip to Livingston Ripley WC who had been so photographer friendly only to be turned away from taking pictures. Apparently  they've had issues with camera clubs & big groups and therefore cameras are out. Smart phones or point & shoot might be okay!!!

If you want to photograph it will now cost the half day pass of nearly $125 which requires a reservation and signing papers. I was told we Ripley's are a non for profit and can't  waste time with photographers who aren't  paying.

I suggested a few alternatives for photographers lets see what happens. If you just want  to look then go othersise go to the Bronx Zoo.

Stopped by the pond off Constitution Avenue in Litchfield White Memorial nearly bone dry some areas of water many wood ducks in varying stages of plumage. Also several other species some 1st year newbies all apparently beginning winter molt. Marsh grass  pretty tall so getting decent captures was a pain.

Any thoughts as where one can start looking for this autumn's ducks.

Kevindoyle01 at charter.net

Sent from TypeMail