[CT Birds] Lighthouse Park Sunday, September 6

Steve Mayo and Rebecca Horowitz rsdmayo at sbcglobal.net
Sun Sep 6 17:03:50 EDT 2015

High pressure and a very slow, sunny day indeed.  2 Merlins and 1+ Osprey migrating as well as several in-the-Park views of same.  Also 5-10 Bobolink, 37 Tree Swallows, 1 Gr Yellowlegs,.8 RT Hummingbirds, 1 EAKI, a handfull of Barn Swallows and Goldfinch -- in other words a very slow day.
We did have 1 GIANT SWALLOWTAIL and 8 or 10 Monarchs.

Special thanks to Jim Cortina, Jeff Martin and Howie Shurberg, who came out to get some sun.
Note:  If you are visiting, don't forget to say to the folks at the Guard Post, "I'm here for the Hawk Watch".  They'll let you in without admission fee.

Steve MayoBethany