[CT Birds] LPP Friday Totals

Dana Campbell dana.l.campbell at gmail.com
Fri Sep 11 22:05:24 EDT 2015

>From Dana Campbell, Don Morgan, Sol Satin, Howie Sternberg, Lynn James and
visitors:
9/11 - New Haven - Lighthouse Point Park Hawk Watch - 272 migrating raptors
including 180 Osprey, 46 Sharp-shinned Hawks, 11 Broad-winged Hawks, 10
American Kestrels, 7 Merlins, 5 Bald Eagles, 4 Cooper's Hawks, and 1
Northern Harrier.  53 Osprey came  over in kettles of 10-12 birds during
the 3:00 o'clock hour alone.  Also migrating were 2 Common Nighthawks, 5
Laughing Gulls, 40+ Chimney Swifts, 110+ Tree Swallows, 10 Eastern
Kingbirds, 44 American Robins, 140 Cedar Waxwings, and 12 Bobolinks.  It
was a wonderful day.  Thanks to all who helped out or stopped by to enjoy
the spectacle.

--
The Rev. Dana L. Campbell
Priest in Charge, Holy Trinity Episcopal Church, Middletown CT
dana.l.campbell at gmail.com

"I don't feed the birds because they need me; I feed the birds because I
need them.”
― Kathi Hutton