[CT Birds] Stratford American Golden-Plover

Comins, Patrick PCOMINS at audubon.org
Fri Sep 11 13:09:19 EDT 2015

An American Golden Plover flew over at Stratford Point a little while ago.  Fairly slow for migrant landbirds today as I think the winds weren't quite right overnight.   Nice dragonfly show, including a Carolina saddlebags though and good numbers of monarchs.  An immature Northern Harrier put on a good show out our windows and there was one female American Kestrel on the wires.

Patrick

Patrick M. Comins
Director of Bird Conservation

Audubon Connecticut