[CT Birds] Hawkwatches - a reminder to get in the "Zone"

julian hough jrhough1 at snet.net
Fri Sep 11 16:34:20 EDT 2015

A timely reminder that all our local hawkwatches - and those folk that attend them - need to be alert and primed for any large dark buteos. The sighting of what is presumably last year's Zone-tailed Hawk a few weeks ago in RI, indicate that this bird is likely to pass through CT on its southward journey.
Assuming the bird is still in the NE corner, the next two weeks, based on its passage through Cape May last year on Sept 27th,  would seem to be the "window of opportunity" to actively look for this.
Check every Turkey Vulture - I don't want any excuses!!
Julian Hough New Haven, CT 06519 www.naturescapeimages.wordpress.com