[CT Birds] Norwalk Nighthawks

Brendan Murtha bmskua at sbcglobal.net
Fri Sep 11 17:35:01 EDT 2015

After having not seen any Nighthawks in my yard so far this year, I was just rewarded with a flock of 60+ that literally appeared a few minutes ago, high up, in a sort of kettle.  Usually Nighthawks just stream over my property, but these were relatively stationary, whirling around and rising up until they eventually drifted south.  This time of day is much earlier than I usually see Nighthawks too.

Although not a rare bird, it was a super cool behavior to witness.

Brendan Murtha
Norwalk

Sent from my iPhone