[CT Birds] LPP Friday Totals

Dana Campbell dana.l.campbell at gmail.com
Fri Sep 11 22:05:24 EDT 2015

>From Dana Campbell, Don Morgan, Sol Satin, Howie Sternberg, Lynn James and
9/11 - New Haven - Lighthouse Point Park Hawk Watch - 272 migrating raptors
including 180 Osprey, 46 Sharp-shinned Hawks, 11 Broad-winged Hawks, 10
American Kestrels, 7 Merlins, 5 Bald Eagles, 4 Cooper's Hawks, and 1
Northern Harrier.  53 Osprey came  over in kettles of 10-12 birds during
the 3:00 o'clock hour alone.  Also migrating were 2 Common Nighthawks, 5
Laughing Gulls, 40+ Chimney Swifts, 110+ Tree Swallows, 10 Eastern
Kingbirds, 44 American Robins, 140 Cedar Waxwings, and 12 Bobolinks.  It
was a wonderful day.  Thanks to all who helped out or stopped by to enjoy
the spectacle.

The Rev. Dana L. Campbell
Priest in Charge, Holy Trinity Episcopal Church, Middletown CT
dana.l.campbell at gmail.com

"I don't feed the birds because they need me; I feed the birds because I
need them.”
― Kathi Hutton