[CT Birds] Westport dragonflies and hummer

Meredith, Leslie Leslie.Meredith at simonandschuster.com
Sat Sep 12 12:57:33 EDT 2015

Yesterday at 415 I noticed ten dragonflies darting above my fruit trees so went out to see what was up. Over the lawn were hundreds of dragonflies plus a hummingbird low and high going after little flying bugs (looked like ants with wings) rising up from the grass. All different colors of dragons inc some huge green ones. Had seen even bigger clouds of dragons like this only once before, about ten years ago also after a big storm. Called out all the neighbors to watch, three of whom have lived here for fifty years and never seen this before. It was wonderful. Was hoping for a kestrel to nab a few dragons but none appeared. The hummers were also having a good meal.

Sent from my iPhone