[CT Birds] What are the Jaeger's chasing?

Mike Warner mjwarner at optonline.net
Wed Sep 16 09:30:06 EDT 2015

Paul,

Twice yesterday we saw the juvenile Parasitic Jaeger drawn to the mixed flock of 300 - 400 Laughing Gulls and Common Terns which in turn had been drawn to the surface activity of Bluefish chasing Menhadden (Bunker) which were trapped against the surface of the water.  This activity was happening in the river channel between the tip of the Milford stone jetty and where we were standing at Stratford Point.

Mike Warner
Wilton Ct.
Sent from my iPhone