[CT Birds] Some feeding activity starting at Stratford Point

Comins, Patrick PCOMINS at audubon.org
Wed Sep 16 13:18:40 EDT 2015

I'm starting to see some bluefish break the surface as the tide starts to move and an associated small group of terns and Laughing Gulls above the boil.  There are a good number of terns on the breakwater, so I'm hoping the jaegers decided to stick around.

Pretty quiet so far, but Bill Wallace and I had a Prairie Warbler near the office.  Scott Kruitbosch had a Yellow-billed Cuckoo and a possible Connecticut Warbler over by the gate earlier and the cuckoo was last seen in the row of trees near the powerline.  I don't think anyone has had the Red Knot nor the Harlequin Duck yet.

Patrick

Patrick M. Comins
Director of Bird Conservation

Audubon Connecticut