[CT Birds] Silver Sands Public Hearing and Special Meeting

Comins, Patrick PCOMINS at audubon.org
Thu Sep 17 09:30:22 EDT 2015

As you may know, there is a public meeting scheduled for September 24th regarding plans for improved visitor services at Silver Sands State Park.   Silver Sands is a recognized Important Bird Area and also a key birding spot in the state.

http://www.nhregister.com/environment-and-nature/20150809/milfords-silver-sands-park-gets-public-hearings-on-planned-improvements

Audubon Connecticut and COA will be holding a special meeting on Monday, September 21st at Stratford Point 1207 Prospect Drive, Stratford from 6 PM - 8 PM.   Please consider attending if you have information to provide regarding the importance of the park to birds or the key areas of the park that support birds or birding.  We will have staff on hand with expertise in GIS mapping to document the sensitive areas of the park in preparation for the meeting on the 24th.

Since the meeting is during dinner time, COA has generously offered to provide pizza for attendees.  Please RSVP to me if you plan to attend so we can know how much pizza to order.

Thank you!

Patrick Comins, Director of Bird Conservation, Audubon Connecticut, Chair COA Conservation Committee

and

Kathy Van Der Aue, President Connecticut Ornithological Association http://www.ctbirding.org/
kvda at optonline.net<mailto:kvda at optonline.net>

Patrick M. Comins