[CT Birds] AM Update for Stratford point

Comins, Patrick PCOMINS at audubon.org
Fri Sep 18 10:19:21 EDT 2015

It is very quiet this morning, not surprisingly with the slack tide.  The good news is that there are a good number of terns still loafing on the breakwater and a few Laughing Gulls on the bars, so the Jaeger(s) may still be around.   I'm expecting most of the action to be this afternoon.   I haven't checked for the harlequin this AM.  As far as landbirds it seems to be the same crowd, so checking the Coast Guard strip near the gate could be worthwhile for that possible Connecticut or Mourning.  Prairie Warbler still out my office window.  I'll update if I see any feeding frenzies that might draw a jaeger in to shore.

Gates are open today, not sure about the weekend, but please email me off-list if you might want to visit.

Patrick

Patrick M. Comins
Director of Bird Conservation

Audubon Connecticut