[CT Birds] Some limited tern action starting up

Comins, Patrick PCOMINS at audubon.org
Fri Sep 18 12:50:44 EDT 2015

A few terns are starting to feed off the jetty and point, but nothing sustained yet.  I'm thinking we'll have a brief window between now and 3 PM.  Probably another lull between then and say 4:30 (or whenever the tides start moving again) and then another window from then until sunset.   That is also prime time for the duck to show up.

In butterfly notes there have been a couple of reports of sachems today.

Patrick

Patrick M. Comins
Director of Bird Conservation

Audubon Connecticut