[CT Birds] Friday at LPP

Dana Campbell dana.l.campbell at gmail.com
Sat Sep 19 14:06:33 EDT 2015

9/18 - New Haven - Lighthouse Point Park Hawk Watch - 42 migrating raptors
counted:4 Osprey, 3 Northern Harriers, 9 Sharp-shinned Hawks, 2 Cooper's
Hawks, 17 Broad-winged Hawks, 1 Peregrine Falcon, 3 Merlins, 2 American
Kestrels, and 1 Unidentified raptor.
In addition, there were small migrants:  3 Great Egrets, 70 Cedar Waxwings,
35 Bobolinks, 500+ Tree Swallows, 1 Dickcissel, 20 American Goldfinc, 1
Common Loon, 1 Double-crested Cormorant, and 2 Ruby-throated Hummingbirds.
Many butterflies and dragonflies were in the air.  Thanks to Maria
Stockmal, Lynn James, Carol Goertz, and our intrepid photographers Bob and
John.

--
The Rev. Dana L. Campbell
Priest in Charge, Holy Trinity Episcopal Church, Middletown CT
dana.l.campbell at gmail.com

"I don't feed the birds because they need me; I feed the birds because I
need them.”
― Kathi Hutton