[CT Birds] Migrating RT Hummingbirds

Ian Devlin captain_ian at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 20 19:03:16 EDT 2015

I've seen RT Hummingbirds migrating offshore of the Norwalk Islands while fishing the last few days (not today, though-bad wind shift). I have seen this before along the coast up into Rhode Island too. Always single birds and usually 1/8-1/2 mile offshore. Mid to late September is when I see this, along with scattered Monarch Butterflies going southbound also.

Curious to hear other people's observations to coastal hummingbird migrations. I'm on the water everyday nearly, so I see a lot of different activities throughout the year.
Haven't seen the local Humpback Whales, though.

Capt. Ian Devlin
East Norwalk

Sent from my iPhone