[CT Birds] Lighthouse Park Sunday - 408 Hawks

Steve Mayo and Rebecca Horowitz rsdmayo at sbcglobal.net
Sun Sep 20 22:05:14 EDT 2015

It looks like we had 408 with 11.5 hours of counting, including:  Osprey 51; Bald Eagle 8; No Harrier 9; Sharp-shinned 196; Cooper's 30; Broad-winged 24; Kestrel 56; Merlin 19; Peregrine 6; presumed local Red-shoulder and Red-tailed Hawks and, of course, a very well photographed Zone-tailed Hawk.  It was last seen low below the trees to the east, heading north.  Should it return to Lighthouse tomorrow, I'll be happy to remove it from today's total.

In perpetuity, on the HawkCount database, there will be an hourly prompt on the Lighthouse form, labeled "ZT".  It's going to take a while to get used to that.
Steve MayoBethany