[CT Birds] Stratford Harlequin Duck

Comins, Patrick PCOMINS at audubon.org
Mon Sep 14 12:58:58 EDT 2015

Bill Wallace let me know that the Harlequin Duck is back at Stratford Point.  It was sitting on the rocks when he found it and we just went out and got some good looks, but by that point it was in the water and swimming at the northeast corner of the property.   It was swimming back to shore as we left it.   The terns are still in a frenzy, but much more dispersed at the moment.

Patrick Comins, with Gail Bishop and Dennis Riordan.

PS There was a swarthy skipper in the butterfly garden off of the porch a little while ago.

Patrick M. Comins
Director of Bird Conservation

Audubon Connecticut
185 East Flat Hill Road