[CT Birds] Stratford Pt jaegers

Nick Bonomo nbonomo at gmail.com
Tue Sep 15 16:16:33 EDT 2015

Just leaving the jaegers at Stratford Pt now. Two birds. My field impressions on the closer of the two was strongly pro-Parasitic, a rather cinnamon-toned juvenile it would seem. The other (darker)bird, seen only very distantly but in direct comparison, looked to me very similar in size and shape. However views were inconclusive on that bird, before I left. Others are watching now.

I may have some photos of the closer, paler bird. If so, I will post anything I have later, and if it supports/contradicts my field ID. I just wanted to stick my neck out on species ID for those curious about what's being seen.

Perhaps more will come to light later.

Nick Bonomo
Wallingford, CT

Sent from my iPhone