[CT Birds] Migrants and Stratford Point Gate

Comins, Patrick PCOMINS at audubon.org
Wed Sep 16 07:04:31 EDT 2015

The radar was alive over SW coastal Connecticut this morning.  It could be a good morning to get out west of New Haven along the coast.   I also had a Mourning Warbler in my yard this morning.

The gate is open at Stratford Point in case anyone wants to get in for some early seawatching.  The best spot there for landbirds is along the road south of the gate and that could be quite active this morning.  I'm thinking afternoon will likely be the best bet for a potential repeat of the jaegers and the big feeding frenzy of yesterday.

Patrick M. Comins
Director of Bird Conservation

Audubon Connecticut
185 East Flat Hill Road