[CT Birds] What are the Jaeger's chasing?

Paul Cianfaglione pgcianfaglione at gmail.com
Wed Sep 16 11:15:28 EDT 2015

Thanks guys for the response to my question. What I should have asked was
what event had triggered the gulls and terns to go into a frenzy, which in
turn had brought in the Jaegers for a chase. It sounds like from observers
that it was the sight of active "bait fish", either being chased by bonito
or feeding on the enormous amount of phytoplankton in the sound right
now. For the record, I was leaning slightly toward the sight of active bait
fish as the cause!   And yes Glenn, it would be silly to think that a
jaeger would kleptoparatisize plankton from a gull.

Paul Cianfaglione