[CT Birds] 9/16 - Pine Creek

Alex Burdo aburdo10 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 16 12:34:24 EDT 2015

I spent five hours covering nearly the entirety of Pine Creek this morning.
Although things started off slow, the day quickly picked up in pace. I
finished up with a pretty good list for the day, which included some really
awesome birds. My biggest highlights were:

1 PHILADELPHIA VIREO -- Thicket behind the ballfield
1 MOURNING WARBLER -- Pine Creek Meadows Open Space
1 LINCOLN'S SPARROW -- Landfill trail

I was also able to note twelve warbler species (Ovenbird, Northern
Waterthrush, Black-and-white Warbler, the aforementioned Mourning, Common
Yellowthroat, American Redstart, Northern Parula, Magnolia Warbler, Yellow
Warbler, Palm Warbler, Yellow-rumped Warbler, and Canada Warbler) over the
course of the morning, as well as an American Kestrel moving high over the
landfill early, four calling Bobolinks at dawn, and no less than 102 Gray
Catbirds.

Alex Burdo
Fairfield