[CT Birds] Phila Vireo, Cape May Wblr

greg hanisek ctgregh at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 17 10:48:45 EDT 2015

This morning at the Hunters Mt section of Naugatuck State Forest I had a Philadelphia Vireo and a Cape May Warbler among a decent selection of passerine migrants. Most of the birds were seen in two separate feeding groups. Right now, with pretty good conditions for migration but nothing weather-wise to concentrate the birds, it takes some wandering around to come upon feeding activity. I try to zero in on what I like to call "green walls" - wooded edges warmed by the morning sun.
Greg Hanisek