[CT Birds] Quinnipiac Valley Audubon Society Sept - Oct walks

Folsom-O'Keefe, Corrie cfolsom-okeefe at audubon.org
Fri Sep 18 16:54:40 EDT 2015

Hi All,

  Just wanted to share Quinnipiac Valley Audubon Society's Sept. and Oct. walk schedule.

Tomorrow Saturday Sept. 19th, 10:00am - Join QVAS for a bird walk at Ive's Farm (1585 Cheshire St, Cheshire) as part of Cheshire Land Trust Day. We will scan the fields and forest edges for migrating birds. Trip Leader: Melissa Baston.

Sunday, Sept. 27th, 8:00am - Join QVAS for a walk about the former Meriden landfill. We will look for migrating warblers, scan the fields for grassland birds, and keep an eye out for rare shorebirds.  Directions:  Heading south on Evansville Ave. in South Meriden, CT, meet about ¼ mile past the entrance to Meriden Markham Airport. Trip Leader: Melissa Baston.

Saturday Oct. 3rd, 8:00am - Join QVAS for a bird walk at Hubbard Park. We will walk up Notch Road, keeping an eye out for migrants and the parks year round resident birds, including Common Ravens and Vultures.  Meet at the gate on Notch Road in Hubbard Park, 999 West Main St, Meriden, CT.  Trip Leader: Ricki Souci.

Saturday Oct. 10th, 6am - 6pm - Starting at sunrise, we will be counting bird species from our Big Sit circle located along the shore of Hanover Pond on Oregon Rd. next to the QRWA building.   You never know what you will see. Stop by and help us break our record of 50 species. This is an all day event, stop by any time. Rain date: Sunday Oct. 11th.

All walks are free and open to everyone. Beginners are encouraged to come give birding a try.   For more information please call Melissa Baston at (860) 995-0656.

Corrie Folsom-O'Keefe
Quinnipiac Valley Audubon Society
Meriden, CT