[CT Birds] Friday at LPP

Dana Campbell dana.l.campbell at gmail.com
Sat Sep 19 14:06:33 EDT 2015

9/18 - New Haven - Lighthouse Point Park Hawk Watch - 42 migrating raptors
counted:4 Osprey, 3 Northern Harriers, 9 Sharp-shinned Hawks, 2 Cooper's
Hawks, 17 Broad-winged Hawks, 1 Peregrine Falcon, 3 Merlins, 2 American
Kestrels, and 1 Unidentified raptor.
In addition, there were small migrants:  3 Great Egrets, 70 Cedar Waxwings,
35 Bobolinks, 500+ Tree Swallows, 1 Dickcissel, 20 American Goldfinc, 1
Common Loon, 1 Double-crested Cormorant, and 2 Ruby-throated Hummingbirds.
Many butterflies and dragonflies were in the air.  Thanks to Maria
Stockmal, Lynn James, Carol Goertz, and our intrepid photographers Bob and

The Rev. Dana L. Campbell
Priest in Charge, Holy Trinity Episcopal Church, Middletown CT
dana.l.campbell at gmail.com

"I don't feed the birds because they need me; I feed the birds because I
need them.”
― Kathi Hutton