[CT Birds] Lighthouse Pt. hawk watch

greg hanisek ctgregh at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 21 19:36:41 EDT 2015

Today at Lighthouse Point, with a beautiful sky and predominantly NE winds we had 217 raptors, the large majority by noon followed by a slow afternoon. Totals:
105 Sharp-shinned Hawks, 50 Ospreys, 25 Am Kestrels, 11 N Harriers, 10 Bald Eagles, 4 Cooper's Hawks, 3 Broad-winged Hawks, 1 Merlin, 1 Peregrine Falcon, a few Unid. and 0 Zone-tailed Hawks.
We also had 2 Dickcissels and 500+ Cedar Waxwings. There were a lot of Tree Swallows but they were doing a lot of milling around.
Thanks to Bill Banks, Tina Green, Sol Satin, Sara Zagorski, Paul Desjardins, Jim Cortina, Maureen Wolter, John Oshlick, Dori Sosensky, Carolyn and Carmen Cimino, Maria Stockmal and others, with a special appearance by one of the hawk watch founders, Marjorie Pitcher
Greg HanisekWaterbury