[CT Birds] Housatonic Tree Swallows

Comins, Patrick PCOMINS at audubon.org
Wed Sep 23 11:47:03 EDT 2015

Again this morning there were about 20,000 Tree Swallows foraging over (at least from our perspective at Stratford Point) the old landfill at Short Beach.   I wonder if there is a roost around here too, or maybe birds on the move, or perhaps they fan out all the way down to here from the CT River?

In other news there was a Common Raven hanging out on the telephone pole just outside the office earlier and a fairly late Eastern Kingbird in the Coast Guard strip this morning.

Patrick

Patrick M. Comins
Director of Bird Conservation

Audubon Connecticut