[CT Birds] No further sign of Jaeger

Frank Mantlik mantlik at sbcglobal.net
Wed Sep 23 19:20:03 EDT 2015

The Sunrise Birding group and I (and a couple others) visited Stratford Point from 3:15-4:15. The number of gulls and terns were fairly small, but a flock of 300-400 Tree Swallows kept feeding low over the meadows and at times next to us. We could not locate the Harlequin Duck.
Afterwards, at Long Beach, Stratford, I found widely scattered feeding flocks of Laughing Gulls and Common Terns, stretching from Point No Point west to Pleasure Beach & Seaside Park.  Alas, no large terns nor jaegers seen here either.
Frank Mantlik
Stratford