[CT Birds] Westport Painted Bunting

Tina and Peter Green petermgreen at hotmail.com
Wed Sep 23 13:37:54 EDT 2015

9/23/15-Westport-CT Audubon Tree Farm- Painted Bunting seen along the mowed path,low in the bushes in the northwest corner. This posting is delayed due to the fact the bird was a first summer or first year male and I (and maybe most people)was not familiar with this plumage and needed to do some research and confer with a few folks.
It is a rather drab grayish looking bird with a darkish green tail and mid back. If you go to the tree farm, be on the lookout for this bird. There are still several Indigo Buntings there and it was fairly active this morning. I will be away several weeks so hopefully others will be checking.

Tina Green
Westport
Sent from my iPhone