[CT Birds] eBirding waterbird sightings

Comins, Patrick PCOMINS at audubon.org
Fri Sep 25 10:31:21 EDT 2015

We've seen a drop off in waterbird sightings submitted to eBird and shared with ctwaterbirds at gmail.com<mailto:ctwaterbirds at gmail.com>   If you have any eBird lists that document shorebird, tern or wader (herons, egrets or Ibis) sightings please be sure to share them with us at the above account.  Sharing data on eBird is easy, there is a button on the upper right side that says "share w/ Others in Your Pary".  This will bring up a box into which you can type the above email address.  Once you do this once the email address will be among the choices you can choose with one click.

This helps us meet federal match requirements of the grants that allow us to continue this work.   We are actually in good shape with those requirements right now, but volunteer participation helps us demonstrate that we are a good investment of conservation funding for our shorebird, tern and waterbird conservation work.  We are going to need all the help we can get justifying the continuation of this work for next season!

Thank you!

Patrick M. Comins
Director of Bird Conservation

Audubon Connecticut