[CT Birds] Mansfield Purple Galinule

wingsct at juno.com wingsct at juno.com
Tue Sep 29 08:02:12 EDT 2015

Since the publication of Connecticut Birds, I know of 3 more Purple Gallinuleoccurences in CT - would need to check my notes for precise dates.There was one in Stratford in the pool across from R.E. Michel, late summer/early fall,and 2 I had in rehabilitation:  one was d.o.a., originally found alive in Stamford nearthe Mill River, second one was rehabbed and flown to Florida, assisted by anAudubon staffer and Continental Airlines.  Both birds were found in December.(I need to check records for location where second rehabbed bird was originally found). Meredith SampsonOld Greenwich