[CT Birds] Stratford Point birds 10/1

Scott Kruitbosch skruitbosch at rtpi.org
Thu Oct 1 12:06:34 EDT 2015

It was extremely windy this morning at Stratford Point, with a big NE
flow pushing air and water into us. It is easing a bit now but that
helped keep the passerines down. I was able to find a Lincoln's Sparrow
near the second driveway gate along the Coast Guard strip. No sign of
the Clay-colored or Kingbirds yet.

We have a couple dozen FOS White-throated Sparrows and at least two FOS
Dark-eyed Junco with many Eastern Phoebes and some Gray Catbirds. There
are Swamp and Savannah Sparrows mixed in with a couple Common
Yellowthroat and Palm Warblers. I'll bet there are more goodies here
hidden away from the wind. If you stop by check all the tree and shrub
lines.

I didn't see Harley in the first pass today, but I'm sure he's nearby
somewhere enjoying the waves. Hundreds of Laughing Gulls are here feeding.

Scott

--
Scott Kruitbosch
Conservation & Outreach Coordinator