[CT Birds] Fw: Community Presentation in West Hartford by Tennessee Gas Pipeline Company, L.L.C.

zellene zellene at earthlink.net
Fri Oct 2 08:02:05 EDT 2015

For those interested in the pipeline going through the W Hartford Reservoir, a public meeting is being held on October 7th, 6:30 to 8:30 at the West Hartford Town Hall, 50 S. Main St., W. Hartford. There will be time for public questions re the watershed and water supply safety. They will discuss construction plans and environmental mitigation.

Thus far, TGP has been secretive about their plans and even the location of the pipeline. This is an opportunity to find out more. In Bloomfield, we recently found out that they plan to cut a 45 foot wide clear-cut swath through the Speer Preserve, which is land trust property that abuts Reservoir 6 in West Hartford. I have birded the area many times and hate to think of losing the habitat.

Zellene