[CT Birds] Galinule rehab

Mntncougar at aol.com Mntncougar at aol.com
Fri Oct 2 19:54:09 EDT 2015

Exactly what resources are we talking about here? It seems to  me that if
any effort is made in this or similar cases it will be volunteer  resources.
Even the rehabbers are volunteers and as far as I know are supported  by
donations by those who appreciate their work.  But it seems to me that  if I'm
willing to volunteer my time or donation, it's my  business.
And, of course it's an emotional response, one I think most  people have to
a suffering animal, particularly one that has given us some kind  of
personal pleasure or satisfaction. It will do nothing for the greater good of  the
species unless it happens to be something like a Whooping Crane, where
every  individual is precious.
But even that is an emotional response. I doubt that the  existence or
demise of the species will make any real difference in the  world. But our
species clearly prefers having them. One thing I know for sure;  the earth
doesn't care. And it is still, thankfully, up to us  as  individuals  to
determine what we wish to support or  ignore.

Don Morgan, Coventry, Ct.
mntncougar at aol.com

In a message dated 10/2/2015 4:34:25 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,