[CT Birds] FOS White-crowned Sparrow and other birds at Woodbridge Community Gardens

Christopher Loscalzo closcalz at optonline.net
Sat Oct 3 14:13:28 EDT 2015

10/3/15:  On a blustery, misty morning, we observed 39 species at the
Woodbridge Community Gardens today.  Notable observations included: seven
sparrow species including a FOS juvenile White-crowned Sparrow and one
Lincoln's Sparrow, Black-throated Blue Warbler (female) among five Warbler
species, two (late) Ruby-throated Hummingbirds (there are still honeysuckle
flowers blooming and we put a feeder up in the hopes of attracting a western
vagrant soon), and Indigo Buntings.

Full report on ebird.

Chris Loscalzo and Marianne Vahey,

Woodbridge